All skips supplied by EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd are supplied in accordance with our Terms & Conditions as set out below. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time. A signature is not required upon any documentation as proof of delivery or collection of skips or goods; however, these terms and conditions still apply. Please read them in full:
Text messages are sent to every customer with a skip booked on-line at www.efrskips.com or over the phone. This text message urges customers to read our Terms & Condition, please read these carefully. If you do not agree with any of the terms stipulated, please request a refund and/ or cancel the skip by calling 01924 637777
2. Duration of Skip Hire is based on the size of the skip:
• 8 & 16 Yard skips are hired for a maximum of 14 consecutive days (extension can be applied on request)
• 2 & 4 Yard skips are hired for a maximum of 7 consecutive days (extension can be applied on request)
3. Collection of skips can be booked online or by ringing us. If you require the skip for a longer duration, please contact us immediately so we can make the necessary adjustments. Addition hire time is granted by the discretion of EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd. Additional hire time is charged at the rate of £25.00 per week. Skips will be collected by EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd at the earliest opportunity. EFR Skips reserves the right to collect a fully loaded skip before the hire period has elapsed.
4. Combustion & fires near or in the skip is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any losses or damages to the skip container (excluding any fair wear & tear), the cost for repairing a skip can be between £800 – £1,000.
5. Lost or stolen skips is the responsibility of the hirer, the hirer will be liable for the full purchase price of the skip.
6. Risk of Damage to Property or Persons, any skip hire orders placed with EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd, which requires the delivery vehicles to leave the public highways will be at the customer’s own risk. The customer will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or to the vehicles because of this. The Hirer is responsible to ensure a hired skip will have sufficient space to place with no obstructions, any damage caused to driveways, paths, gardens, shrubbery, etc. pavements where access to drives has to be made. When skips are requested to be placed over garden walls or fences any damage to structurer on delivery or collection is the responsibility of the Hirer.
7. EFR SKIPS shall have no liability to the Customer for any consequential losses (including loss of profits and /or damage to goodwill), economic and /or other similar losses, special damages, and other direct and indirect losses or for business interruption, loss of business or loss of opportunity. EFR Skips shall use its reasonable commercial endeavours to ensure the equipment arrives when the Customer requires delivery. Any approximate times given by us are estimates only and EFR Skips shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the equipment howsoever caused. Time for delivery of the equipment shall not be of the essence. EFR Skips shall not, in any event, be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Contract if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond EFR Skips’ reasonable control.
8. You may cancel your skip hire by giving us notice at any time before we start incurring any costs, please give us at least 24-hour notice. If you cancel an order and you have made any payments in advance for skip hire that has not been delivered to you, we shall refund those amounts to you less any permit charges (as per section 19)
9. Content of the returning skips is the responsibility of the hirer.
10. Food Waste, EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd is not licenced to handle food waste, please do not dispose this type of waste in our skips (bagged or loose), unfortunately if we receive any skips with food, we have no other options but to return the full skip back to the hirer immediately, no refund will be issued.
11. Hazardous Waste as defined by the European Waste Catalogue (Article 114) of the hazardous waste directive (91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip. Hazardous waste is strictly prohibited and EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd is not licensed to handle these hazardous products, hence if any products are found in the skips, we will return the skip back to the sending customer: please DO NOT try to hide these products in the skip as the content of all our skips are segregated in our processing centre, hence having these products in the skips put our workers at a grave risk, EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd deems the following products as Hazardous waste:
Asbestos, Cement boards, Fuels, Large Batteries, Paints, Gas Cylinders, Powdered substances, Sludge or Liquids
12. Controlled Waste is accepted by EFR (Wakefield) Ltd, the following waste is accepted at an additional charge, please let us know about these at the earliest convenience and make payment prior to collection:
>Mattresses [Single – £10 / Double -£15 mattress]
>Plasterboard – £60
>Carpets, Underlay & Rugs – £10 per room (skip full of carpet – £60)
> Carpet Tiles: 4 Yard Skip – Full skip £70/ Half Skip £35. 8 Yard Skip – Full Skip £140/ Half Skip £70
>Large Appliances (excluding fridges) – £10 per appliance
13. Over Loading of skips compromises the safety of our drivers and the general public who use the roads. The hirer should ensure that the skip is filled no higher than the top of its sides. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that at all times the skip is loaded safely and that the area around the skip is kept safe and tidy. Should the skip be found to be overloaded it is the Hirer’s responsibility to correct the situation. However, EFR Skips reserves the right to remove any objects that it feels may jeopardize the safe transportation of the skip. Any extra costs incurred in removing, transporting or disposing of the contents of the skip will be charged to the Hirer. EFR Skips reserves the right to decline collection of overloaded skips. Excess charges are levied in the event of overloading.
14. An Exception with the extra-large skips (14 &16 yard skips), are for light materials, like house-hold clear out or green waste, please Do NOT fill with Soil, Rubble, bricks, large tree stumps or other heavy materials, these heavy materials make the skip too heavy, which in turn makes it impossible for the equipment to load the skip in a safe manner back on the trucks.
15. Garden waste typically include leaves, flowers grass, weeds, tree bark and pruned branches, but excludes treated wood and tree stumps (more than 50cm in diameter).
16. Payment terms for non-account holders is always pre-payment prior to delivery. Account holders pay according to agreed terms. (Subject to written Agreement by EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd)
17. Permit is required to place skips on the public highway, footpaths and verges. This can be arranged by EFR Skips (Wakefield) Ltd on behalf of the hirer with the relevant local authority. Charges vary with different local authorities but are usually £30 for an initial 2-week period. Skip Hire Permits are non-refundable.
18. Requests for printed invoices, transfer notes or PODs (Proof of Delivery) can be arranged by ringing us or emailing the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any further clarification on any of our terms & condition, please call us on 01924 63 77 77 during working hours.